Sunday 26 October 2014

Children's Book Review: The Twelve Days Of Christmas, by Alison Jay.




Well, the Christmas books have started making their way from the publishers and the first one is a beauty!


The Twelve Days of Christmas is the traditional Christmas tale, but this time illustrated by the critically acclaimed illustrator, Alison Jay.


I can never read this story to my boys without them asking me to sing it, so with an effort that far outweighs my ability, I sang our way through every gorgeous page.


Alison's stunning illustrations take us through a couple's Christmas Eve, where a man buys his love a partridge in a pear tree. From there, the couple move through town as the gifts pile up, leading them to a magnificent Christmas party. After some dancing, they make their way back home to their partridge in the pear tree.






The 'antique' look of the drawings make this book a visual feast, and one of the most most beautifully illustrated stories I've ever seen.


The Twelve Days Of Christmas would make a wonderful gift for any child to help celebrate the spirit of the festive season.







Publisher: Koala Books
Category: Picture Book
Title: The Twelve Days Of Christmas
Author/Illustrator: Alison Jay
Publication date: October 2014
Format: 254 x 254 mm
Extent: 32 pp
Age: 2+
Australian RRP: $14.99
Binding: Hardback
Printing: Colour
ISBN: 978 1 74276 114 5








Tracey ♥








*I was not paid for this post. I received a complimentary copy of The Twelve Days Of Christmas to review. All opinions expressed are my own.















No comments:

Post a Comment